Screwfix Chainsaw

Whilst away I was 'found' a job to do needing a chainsaw. Quick look around gave me a Screwfix Titan 2kw mains for £34.99 (30% off usual price).
Not bad for the price and sorted what I wanted sorting but it has moulded plastic gripper teeth rather than metal ones.
Having said that it did the job and is *still* working so has at least paid for itself!
On Thursday, 29 December 2016 16:36:55 UTC, Mark Allread wrote:

Titan stuff is OK for occasional use. I find it overheats if used continuously. ie, needs a "rest" every few minutes. Lets the motor cool off.

Well I have some Titan LiIon tools and they're excellent (and I do have some Metabo tools to compare with). Your comment may be true for *some* Titan tools.
--
Chris Green
·

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 09:32:30 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

It felled a couple of trees and ringed them with no problem whatsoever. The value of the logs (once thoroughly dried) will be c£100 (in the area it was used) so I reckon it has more than paid for itself.
No evidence of any overheating or the need to 'rest'

Yes I saw that, and am tempted as I have a large pile of pallets to cut up for firewood. The Titan looks perfect, as long as I avoid nails!
--
Graeme

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 11:31:32 +0000, Graeme wrote:

At the price you can't really go wrong especially for such light weight use.
On 30/12/2016 11:31, Graeme wrote:

Buy a sabre type saw and fit a demolition blade then you don't need to worry about nails. They are cheaper and safer too.
dennis@home.?.invalid writes

Oh thank you Dennis. Now I have a dilemma :-)
--
Graeme

On Friday, 30 December 2016 12:43:27 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

al

Yup, I have one of those too. Slower than a chain saw.
On Friday, 30 December 2016 11:39:11 UTC, Graeme wrote:

Pallets are a pain in arse due to the nails. The wood is quite light and small X-section too. OK for lighting fires & that's about it.

Agreed. I use the cross pieces as kindling, and the spacers as 'logs'.
--
Graeme

On 30/12/2016 20:50, Graeme wrote:

Its not very green using pallets as fire wood. They can be reused and save all the energy used to make them.
There are even firms that repair the broken ones for reuse.
On Friday, 30 December 2016 22:11:49 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

True. But they will only pick up hundreds, not the odd two or three.
On 31/12/2016 14:12, harry wrote:

You don't need a saw for the odd two or three.