Screwfix Chainsaw

Whilst away I was 'found' a job to do needing a chainsaw. Quick look around gave me a Screwfix Titan 2kw mains for £34.99 (30% off usual price).

Not bad for the price and sorted what I wanted sorting but it has moulded plastic gripper teeth rather than metal ones.

Having said that it did the job and is *still* working so has at least paid for itself!

Reply to
Mark Allread

Titan stuff is OK for occasional use. I find it overheats if used continuously. ie, needs a "rest" every few minutes. Lets the motor cool off.

Reply to
harry

Well I have some Titan LiIon tools and they're excellent (and I do have some Metabo tools to compare with). Your comment may be true for

*some* Titan tools.
Reply to
Chris Green

In message , Mark Allread writes

Yes I saw that, and am tempted as I have a large pile of pallets to cut up for firewood. The Titan looks perfect, as long as I avoid nails!

Reply to
Graeme

At the price you can't really go wrong especially for such light weight use.

Reply to
Mark Allread

It felled a couple of trees and ringed them with no problem whatsoever. The value of the logs (once thoroughly dried) will be c£100 (in the area it was used) so I reckon it has more than paid for itself.

No evidence of any overheating or the need to 'rest'

Reply to
Mark Allread

Buy a sabre type saw and fit a demolition blade then you don't need to worry about nails. They are cheaper and safer too.

Reply to
dennis

Oh thank you Dennis. Now I have a dilemma :-)

Reply to
Graeme

Pallets are a pain in arse due to the nails. The wood is quite light and small X-section too. OK for lighting fires & that's about it.

Reply to
harry

Yup, I have one of those too. Slower than a chain saw.

Reply to
harry

In message , harry writes

Agreed. I use the cross pieces as kindling, and the spacers as 'logs'.

Reply to
Graeme

Its not very green using pallets as fire wood. They can be reused and save all the energy used to make them.

There are even firms that repair the broken ones for reuse.

Reply to
dennis

True. But they will only pick up hundreds, not the odd two or three.

Reply to
harry

You don't need a saw for the odd two or three.

Reply to
dennis