Not completely OT: TV masthead amplifier

I know this is a bit of a long shot but... I have recently obtained a Triax TV masthead amplifier (TMA28WU). This needs a separate 12V masthead power supply, but being a bit of a tight git, and having loads of spare power supplies, I was hoping that there would be some sort of cheap mod that could allow this unit to run off straight 12V dc. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Graeme

In article , Graeme writes

Yes, but do you really need a masthead preamp?...

Reply to
tony sayer

I have two loft amps in series that I have been using for a while, and I thought it would be good to replace with a single unit. I can then use the existing amps for the other aerial.

Reply to
Graeme

In article , Graeme writes

You must be in a really p**s poor area for signals then!.

Wind about ten turns of 24 SWG enamelled copper wire round a former about 3 mill in dia, and connect one end to the centre of the co-ax and the other end to the 12 volt power supply. Connect a 10 pf capacitor in line from this point to the line which feeds the TV and that's about it...

Reply to
tony sayer

I was just about to try that when the manufacturers emailed me a copy of the circuit and the necessary modification to allow a separate external 12V input.

Reply to
Graeme