Northern UK d-i-y meeting ???

Anyone fancy a similar meeting in the north? Leeds or York area?

Let me know and I'll try to arrange something. Rob

Reply to
Kalico

I mooted a similar idea some months back which generated a lot of interest, but no dates. Shall we all try again ??

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Yes. Especially if in Leeds. How about half way - Tad?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Leeds or York is in the north of the UK? Since when?

It's near the north of England I believe but still one or two miles from the border of Scotland.

In fact if Birmingham, viewed from London is in the Midlands; then so is Leeds if viewed from Carlisle or Berwick.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

So you don't want to come?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

I'm not here much at the moment, but I'm probably up for it.

Reply to
chris French

Indeed, but Leeds or York is the where I would like to meet.

Tadcaster would also be fine. I am based in Harrogate so any of the above would be ok.

God knows what we would talk about but if we all got just one tip from each other that was half as useful as some of the postings on this newsgroup, then it would be very worthwhile.

Steve, if you were arranging it before then please don't let me 'step on your toes'. If you want to name time and place then count me in.

Kind regards Robert

Reply to
Kalico

I've had a look and can see the problems ;o)

First, I would suggest just a pub rather than a restaurant. Not sure of an easy one to get to but The Lord Darcy on the Harrogate road is nice and has easy parking.

Might be best to just suggest a date and time and see who is interested. Towards end of November maybe.

Rob

Reply to
Kalico

No worries ! But dig out the original thread off Google and see what the ideas were. Saves having the same discussions again....We bogged down on dates.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Are you hoping, or are you hoping?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Or you could all come round to mine...plenty of DIY jobs to hum and arr about, along with plenty of sucking in air whilst thinking of a price.... bring your own consumer unit/ T&E/ HiTuff/ pebbledash/ etc etc

Reply to
Conrad Edwards
6

Shhhhhhhh sorry Conrad, you can't get the parts these days.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Behave I've much more that needs doing. :-P and I've got the consumer unit already. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Depends, are you paying the call out charge??.

Reply to
PhilÅ

Didn't mean to hijack the thread...so when and where?

Reply to
Conrad Edwards