None-stick, sticking

I have a bunch of stainless pans and a non stick saute pan, tend to just do eggs in that. Fair play to it we've had it 10 years and while it looks like it's starting to fail it doesn't stick.

I'll have a look at other options though when it's time to replace it.

Reply to
R D S

I bought a non-stick omelette pan in 1971 that could be used with metal tools (with reasonable care). It had a dimpled surface that stopped the Teflon being damaged.

Reply to
Max Demian

But you can overheat teflon which is not good for it.

Reply to
Andrew

That is a possibility, trying to brown meat etc., but there certainly is no sign of any damage to the surface.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

A very good point and often with no visual sign. Certainly when letting a liquid boil completely away

And while non stick pans are certainly useful for things like porridge, many people possibly buy them for the ease of removing burned on food, When allowing food to stick in the first place, is what effectively ruins them.

bb

Reply to
billy bookcase