Non - Colloidal Mixing ??

Been an exchange on other posts regarding using a Cemenitious Grout under steel base plates to concrete raft.

Thought I'd break this question out to a separate thread ... To mix the grout it states : "a high shear paddle or vane grout mixer should be used, colloidal impeller mixers are not suitable. Air entrainment should be avoided"

Anybody know what the difference is in these types ...

The only mixer I have is described as a "Paddle Mixer" see;

this a 'high shear' type ???

If my type is not suitable .. then suggestions on mixing this, other than a stick in a bucket ?

Reply to
Osprey

I know very little about mixing grout but it seems to me that the high sheer type would have vertical paddles whilst the colloidal type will have the paddles as part of a helix so that when the paddles revolve the vertical paddles "merely" mix the "stuff" whilst the colloidal mixer lifts the mixture up to let air in

Reply to
soup