Noisy Radiator

Hi,

One of the radiators in our new house makes a sort of dripping/trickling noise when the heating is on. I've bled it and just water came out, but it still sounds like there's air in there somewhere. Any ideas what would cause this? Would a flush through with a hose sort it out?

Thanks, Dave.

Reply to
Swift Half

Maybe your TRV is only one way and it has been put on the wrong way round.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Good guess, but there's no TRV on this rad!

Reply to
Swift Half

I had a problem with a new radiator making a noise....i attached a hos to the rad and blasted mains pressure via the fill loop through the flo then the return...i then flushed the rad and even went under the floo to see if there was anything obvious....the sound was an echo which wa quiet enough at the source (in my case the pump) but when it transmitte along the pipework it amplified at the rad making a sound like metali cracking at one rad only..the noise was intermittant which really mak things difficult..

the most common cause regards noisy rads is, the pipework expanding a it gets hot...you will hear a ticking noise as the pipes get hot an creep over joists and woodwor

-- gastec

Reply to
gastec