One radiator does not come on... ?

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help with this? Having just turned the central heating on for the winter, one of the radiators does not come on at all. All the others are OK. The radiator is downstairs and does not even get warm, yet all the ones upstairs are fine. The radiators are linked to a combi boiler. Any ideas?

Regards

biskitz4cheez

Reply to
biskitz4cheez

What kind of heat do you have, steam or hot water baseboard? If it's the latter, you could have air in the line or the circulator for that zone is not coming on. If it's the former, you could have a bad air valve.

Reply to
Mikepier

The radiators are filled with hot water from the combi boiler. I have 'bled' the radiator to let the air out and there's definately water in there because some came out after all the air had been let out - it's just not heating up.

Reply to
biskitz4cheez

I assume the upstairs and downstairs are on seperate zones. Make sure that the circulator is coming on, or if you have zone valves, make sure the zone valve opens fully.

Reply to
Mikepier

I am not aware that the radiators are on separate zones. ALL the other radiators (downstairs and upstairs) are working fine - it's just this one that isn't coming on.

Reply to
biskitz4cheez

biskitz4cheez posted for all of us...

Asked and answered MANY times - do your own research.

Reply to
Tekkie®