One cold radiator

Hello

Now we've started to put our central heating back on, we've noticed that the radiator in our bathroom never gets warm. All the other radiators upstairs are warm except this one. I tried bleeding it, but it contained no air (water came out straight away) and both pipes into the radiator are cold.

Any idea what could cause this? Air lock?

Thanks

Orson

Reply to
Orson Kart

Possible causes: Airlock Rad or pipes blocked with sludge Control valve and/or lock shield valve on bathroom rad turned off Lock shield valves on other rads nearer to pump are too far open so they are hogging the hot water supply

Did the system work fine last winter? If so, has anything been changed? Is the CH pump upstairs or downstairs? What happens to the bathroom rad when you turn the control valves off on all the other rads and switch the CH on, does it get hot?

Reply to
Curious

Thanks for that, I'll be able to do some more investigating today. If the lock shield valve is turned off, wouldn't the pipe(s) still get hot?

Reply to
Orson Kart

No, the pipes would still be cold. Try turnng all the other radiators off and just leaving the bathroom radiator on. It may be a faulty lockshield valve (I have seen them where the valve drops)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth