no sighn of queenie

P47 Hmm. I don't think it was that fat in the body. Not important but I wondered if they had an FW 190. Head on, not much engine cowling visible and lots of cylinders:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Think there is a FW190 replica

"In 1997 a German company, Flug Werk GmbH, began manufacturing new Fw

190 models as reproductions. By 2012, 20 had been produced, most flyable, a few as static display models, with airworthy examples usually powered by Chinese-manufactured Shvetsov ASh-82 twin-row, 14-cylinder radial powerplants,which have a displacement of 41.2 litres, close to the BMW 801's 41.8 litres, with the same engine cylinder arrangement and number of cylinders"

Also a lot of YAKs about as private aerobatic aircraft

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You are wrong because it is trivial to see the bloody plane when you know roughly where it is.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Bet it wasn't.

Reply to
zall

It had 96 members of the RAF Regiment on board, but the anti-missile flares it is equipped with would probably have been of more use had there been a missile attack.

Colin Bignell

No, airliners go over my house exactly in sync with FR24.

Reply to
Bob Martin