B&Q

Shut on Monday for some reason...what next

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

I can remember when it was shut on a Sunday but just opened up anyway.

Reply to
ARW

That would be when it was called dodge city

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

The reason quoted by Screwfix (same holiding company) is to allow staff to follow the events of the day should they wish to do so.

Reply to
charles

Yes. We had a local one that got fined every Sunday.

Reply to
SteveW

I see that Center Parcs is not only closing their facilities on that day but telling their customers to vacate all of their sites.

Reply to
alan_m

They have backed off.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Milk and More are delivering though. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That would have practically eliminated repeat custom. If I'd been there and they had done that, I'd never go back again.

Reply to
Joe

Before the law changed, a garden centre I know set up a miniature railway in its grounds and tried, unsuccessfully, to claim it was exempt through being at a railway station.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

To a limited extent. People who were not due to leave that day won't have to leave their accommodation and return next day, but most facilities will be shut.

You wouldn't want them doing it every time a monarch died would you?

Reply to
Colin Bignell

It's not a question of whether they might do it again but that they had done it at all, even just once.

Reply to
Joe

And people due to arrive that day cannot do so.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes, but that is not a change from their original announcement.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

It'll upset the chavs this one

What the f*ck are they going to eat when they watch the funeral?

Reply to
ARW

And the trading profits exceeded the fines:-)

Reply to
ARW

Indeed. The situation continued for years. A good job too - you don't want to find that you need a plumbing fitting before you can put the water back on, with everywhere closed for the day!

Reply to
SteveW

Burgerking?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

But if they never do it again, why avoid them forever ?

It is unlikely they would care that they would never see you again.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I don't suppose the cows will withhold their milk for a day though

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew