no earth and other woes

Thanks for that follow up.

You will have to do your best to polish a turd if you cannot do a rewire.

Good luck fella.

Reply to
ARW

It's "protected by out of reach", but must be listed as such on any installation test certificate in the "not to current regs" box - which suggests the tester didn't actually bother checking anything.

I have one such light in my shop, but as you need scaffolding to get anywhere near it it's perfectly safe. It'll get an earth the next time the upstairs flat needs a new carpet and I can rip up the floor.

Reply to
jgh
[39 lines snipped]

Or at least roll it in glitter.