Nickel bootlace ferrules

Anyone know where I could buy a small number of nickel (or other high temperature) bootlace ferrules or butt crimps? Nearest I've found so far are M4 eyelets from CPC, and just cut the crimp part off the eyelet, but they're still too big. They're for criming ni-chrome element, so I can't use brass or copper crimps, which can't run hot enough.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I bought a set in Makro a while back, made by Meister - consisted of the tool plus crimps of a eight or so assorted sizes. It does not state the material - but they look like they could be a nickel type of metal - quite thin walled and fairly hard.

Reply to
John Rumm

Furnace or kiln supplies? Many round kilns just run several rings of coiled nichrome inside the perimeter. The nichrome might be made off to ceramic terminal blocks outside the kiln, thereby permitting lower temperature connections to be used (re supply wire).

Nickel tube? A bootlace ferrule at small sizes is just a tube. So buy nickel tube sized to match the wire & ratchet crimp as usual.

Perhaps search for "nickel tube crimp" rather than bootlace ferrule? They must exist as I've seen them on various fan heaters and other similar applications.

Reply to
js.b1

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

What about AMP strato-therm crimps from RS etc. RS stock code 397-5682 for example

Neil J. Harris