NICEIC Contractors

Any NICEIC Contractors out there had any experience of doing any testing on behalf of the LABC for DIY installations falling under Part 'P' ?

Reply to
ElectriciansForum

so that'd be a no then...

Reply to
Dave

When I spoke about it with my BCO (before Part P came into force), he said the BCO's were expected to do the inspections themselves by the ODPM, just as they are with all the other things they inspect.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Perhaps he'll learn that Usenet is not a business promotion forum....

Reply to
Andy Hall

quite.

Reply to
Dave

Apparently (and I haven't had it confirmed in writing), my "domestic installer" status means that I can't do this sort of thing. I can certify all sorts of work I do myself or my employees do for me, but it seems the NICEIC don't want me doing Periodic Inspections and so I can't certify other people's work, nor (unfortunately) do certificates when people move house.

Last time I spoke to a BC department they were looking to appoint one or two of the "big" local companies to do the work for them.

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove

What's it got to do with NICEIC?

The BCO can choose whoever they like to do the inspection. There's no requirement that the BCO uses an electrician with any specific certification/membership/PartP status. Indeed they can accept an inspection performed by a DIY-er if they consider the DIY-er compitent (and I think someone here has recently said they've done it that way).

The requirement for using a PartP approved Electrician is only for the case of _not_ filing a building notice.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Nothing at all, but the game's pretty obvious, isn't it.....?

Reply to
Andy Hall