Nice fire place plastering

To cheer up my shit week I managed to find a customer today that has bricked up a fire place and plastered it ready for an electric fire to be fitted.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Niceplasteredfireplace.jpg
And if you are called Brian and you are blind image plaster that reads like the Himalayas if it was Braille.
--
Adam

ARW wrote:

It'll sand!
On 28/07/2019 18:42, Andy Burns wrote:

We will see.
I had no SDS drill with me today so I could not actually mount the fire.
It seems that damp is already coming through the wall.
--
Adam

On 28/07/2019 18:47, ARW wrote:

Many people who blocked the chimney flue this way would get huge blooms on the faces of the stack. Many would call a roofer because they thought that rain came in from the exterior stack.
...Ray.
And the dust will persist for years. grin. Brian
--
----- --
On Sunday, 28 July 2019 18:35:23 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

Who's responsible for the minitrunking and making good round the sockets?
Owain
On 28/07/2019 19:21, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

I installed the trunking to supply the electric fire.
Nothing else is of my concern or my job. The whole room was plastered 3 years ago (apart from the fire place)
--
Adam

On 28/07/2019 18:35, ARW wrote:

Shabby chic rustic look?
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 28/07/2019 19:37, alan_m wrote:

Greek owners ?
Ah economy of plastering brings bumpy finish. Having said that most of the walls in this 1930s terrace are wobbly tilted, bumpy or curved near corners. I don't think accuracy was strived for at the time in 1939. Brian
--
----- --
On 28/07/2019 20:58, Brian Gaff wrote:

In my 1905 (ish) house the plaster often curves outwards at the top and bottom of a 2.8m high internal wall by around an 25mm. No corner seems to be 90 degrees. Everything seems to have done by eye without using a straight edge, spirit level or set square. When the windows were recently replaced it was discovered that the window pillars were not truly vertical.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

And accuracy (of plastering) had not improved much by 1976, when my house was built.
The only thing the plasterers had developed to a fine art was applying a wafer-thin coat of gypsum plaster over the sand and cement base coat. The latter was also weaker than normal so that any sort of remedial work breaks through the gypsum top coat and the base coat disintegrates into sand and fine dust.
Andrew