Nice bit of BS from Anglian Water.

Anglian Water are flushing out the mains in our area soon and they sent us a circular about it. I think they must be used to getting complaints from people seeing all the water going down the drains...

What happens to the flushed water? > >The water that is flushed out of our mains is not wasted, but is >returned to the environment by a network of sewage and drainage pipes. >The water then runs into rivers and streams, and can actually help >support these rivers is low rainfall levels leave some of them to >run dry.

Nest time we have a drought, I'll be sure to leave all the taps running to keep those rivers and streams :o)

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

In message , Colin Stamp writes

The upper Lea is around 80% treated sewage outfall.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yes, seen those sort of bits of rubbish before. I'm not sure if its to just keep some writer in work or what. They generally do not say anything. I, being in London regularly get a publication called On Tap from Thames. It arrives to me as a cd normally in audio, but it really is either old news or justifications for the work being done or about to be done. Its not actually interesting and to my mind could easily be condensed into abot a five minute piece with just be the bare bones and contact phone and email details for more info. Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff