News to warm the hearts of most UK.D-I-Yers...

You really think everyone would be out?

Not much point in door to door deliveries ever, then.

Pillock.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So we can add average to the long list of things you don't understand?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's much easier to list the thing he does understand.

Reply to
Capitol

on the edge of a postcard.

Reply to
fred

much easer to just killfile him,

but what to do with the plonkers that need the full one hour argument time with him every day?

-
Reply to
Mark

I disagree, I am struggling to think of any.

Reply to
dennis

List length zero is a valid result.

Reply to
bert

En el artículo , Capitol escribió:

Subtle. :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Well I think I remmeber him being proud of the fact that he could lie his way out of a wet paper bag when others couldn't or wouldn't. So he understands how to lie or should I say streatch the truth, nay lie will do :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

I've had similar things happen - on one occasion I caught up with the chap just down the road - it didn't help, as he had to admit he hadn't actually bothered to bring the parcel, just the card...

Reply to
docholliday93

In message , at

13:29:33 on Sun, 11 Jan 2015, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com remarked:

What we all want to know, though, is what their motivation is for leaving the parcel at the depot (but still having all the details with them to put on the card). It can't be an accidental leaving at the depot because it happens too often, and the obvious thing to do is not to card but simply remember to take it out on the round the next day.

Reply to
Roland Perry

With the depots being a 100 mile round trip the drivers just get the tracking details to fill in the cards without having to spend their own time/money, as a self employed contractor, turning up at the depot each day.

Reply to
alan_m

Hadn't occurred to me they may not even have the parcel onboard. I assumed they had - to take them to the collection point at the end of their 'round'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , at 22:46:03 on Sun, 11 Jan 2015, alan_m remarked:

The carding I described earlier in the thread was in a major metro area about 5 miles from the depots.

If they don't turn up at the depot every day, how do they have any parcels to deliver?

Reply to
Roland Perry

/With the depots being a 100 mile round trip the drivers just get the tracking details to fill in the cards without having to spend their own time/money, as a self employed contractor, turning up at the depot each day. /q

So he spends his own time and money driving around customers houses carding them instead, presumably going back to most another day when he has got the parcels on board??

Er......

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Exactly - the drivers at some firms get paid per package *delivered*.

Reply to
Tim Watts

You'll be certain of this when he delivers with a moped.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)