New World cooker dismantling question

This is a New World "Debut" electric cooker with a drop down oven door.

Someone walked into the door when it was open and damaged one of the oven door "hinges". The steel 'hinge pin' (for want of a better description) has come out and it cannot be replaced without some door dismantling.

Please can someone tell me how to remove the steel strip along the inside edge of the door so that the hinge pin can be replaced. I have tried removing the two screws which appear to secure this strip but it still will not budge.

Any helpful advice will be gratefully received.

Reply to
Malcolm H

If it's the solid skin style door, then the screws on the inside allow you to slide the outside panel off. From there you can get to the hinges easily.

Reply to
BigWallop