New Triton electric show- low flow rate despite high mains pressure

Just upgraded our shower room and splashed out (no pun intended ;)) on a Triton T300si electric shower. Its one of the type with a remotely situated heating pack and a small control panel in the actualy cubicle.

After a bit of a hickup on installation (one relay jammed and blew almost everything that could blow inside the shower- Triton engineer replaced everything a few days later) the shower now works perfectly, with one problem- the flow pressure is, in my opinion, awful.

We have no problems with water pressure in the house. We've even tried turning the mains pressure up fully so that the water is almost exploding out of the taps in the same bathroom but with no effect on the output flow of the shower.

The previous crappy £99 shower (8.5kw) that this replaces had at least twice, possibly 3 times, the current output flow of this £300 9.5kw white elephant!

One thing we've noticed is that turning on one or more taps in the house while the shower is running has no effect so its almost as if the shower has a (low) controlled flow rate but no obvious way to adjust it...

Have checked that the valves are open fully adn that there are no kinks in the static piping or the plastic output tube.

Any suggestions/advice? We are all disapointed at what a downgrade this upgrade has become...

Reply to
David Williams