New toy^Hol

Spent a few days recently installing a new kitchen for parents, quite knackering and they insisted on buying me something as a thank-you, I do have a mitre saw but is somewhat "agricultural", so I thought I'd have an upgrade that I might never get round to otherwise.

A few months ago I had noticed the Bosch "glide" SCMS with the concertina arms that avoids sliding rails sticking out the back towards the wall, rather spendy though.

Ended up with a Makita LS1019L, forward projecting slide rails so it also saves space, not as large as I though it might be, but a heavy beast, though the cardboard accounts for over 11lb of the shipping weight.

So far I've only done a few test cuts on bits of old skirting, very solid and smooth compared to the old saw, the quality of the cut is amazing, you couldn't plane it any smoother.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I got a Makita LS 1214L on the heads up from IIRC John Runn on here - at a very special offer price. And it is quite superb. It's the third sliding saw I've had. All the others annoyed in some way or another (usually down to maximum capacity, or not cutting a mitre as accurately as I'd like) but this one will see me out. ;-)

I'm sure yours will delight too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)