New Openreach Installation

My daughter has moved into a new build and is awaiting Openreach to connect them. I believe that on new builds Openreach are installing an external co nnector that replaces the NTE5 master socket. Currently, they have the stan dard drop wire poking up out of an underground conduit with a length of nor mal internal 4 core wire disappearing into the wall to the first of several telephone sockets which all appear to be standard extension sockets. I bel ieve this new connector does not allow any user access. My question is how do you get global ADSL filtration or is it back to hanging ADSL filters off all sockets being used?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Not heard much about that lately, they certainly were for a while

but last I heard, BT hadn't planned ahead and the external NTE is not compatible with FTTC! Maybe worth asking in u.t.broadband?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks Andy, I have looked on Openreach's builders guide

mms_Installation.pdf and the installation her builder has provided is exactly as described in th e guide for an external NTE. What I cannot find is how broadband filtration is provided unlike the NTE5 where a simple swap of the front plate provide d global filtering of all extension sockets. Presently all sockets beyond t he external NTE are bog standard extension sockets.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Locate the first socket in the line, replace it with a filtered faceplate like

and connect the cable for the remaining sockets to the filtered terminals.

Of course this will only be suitable if you can manage with having the router plugged into the first socket

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Thanks for that Mike, I think that is probably what they need. The only ones I had come across were all designed to fit on an NTE5.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky