New house - garage floor

Anyone know the best way to seal a garage floor. It a brand new house and so the floor is clean. It's well dry as the base has been down and covered for a few months now.

I want to paint using ordinary garage floor paint but should I seal it with anything first? I thought of a weak solution of PVA.

Any comments.

Reply to
PJO

I did our 2 year old double garage floor this summer.

Wickes acid concrete cleaner. Took the top layer off that was causing all the dust to form.

2 coats of Wickes garage floor sealer.

2 coats of Thomson garage floor paint.

With drying time, it took 3.5 days. Cost was ~£80.

Reply to
Grant Mason