New felt on a flat roof

We have an extension at the back and a garage at the side both with flat roofs, traditional felt and stone chippings. Not leaking at present but I did wonder if it is recommended to sweep up the chippings and put new felt or newer type covering over the old stuff whilst it is still sound so trying to pre-empt any problems.

Reply to
shedman

I would recommend putting a pointed roof up, having benn there done that with a flat one, and having done a very nice job of putting an office into its pointed replacment.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Hi,

I'd leave it but set aside some money on a regular basis for it's eventual recovering/replacement.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C