New fangled toilet flush

A neighbour has asked my help cos their toilet won't flush. It's a Dudley, the kind that is built in behind a tiled partition so you can only get at the top. The flush works by air pressure with a plastic tube from the flush button. The end of the pipe that presumably is meant to somehow connect with the actual flush mechanism has come free, which is obviously why it has stopped working, but I can't for the life of me see wherre it is meant to attach. There is a green casing at the top of the flsuh mechanism with Dudley embossed on it, but I can't see anywhere where the pipe should go. Has anyone any ideas? I have the feeling it's probably dead simple. If it's not, I'll have to go and take a photo and post it, but I thought I'd see first if this is a terribly common problem with a devilishly simple answer!

TIA

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

Mine has a small circular plastic plate set on the front left - 2 spigots which the pipes push over.

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

No, that doesn't seem to be the arrangement on mine. There is a plate with two spigots and there are two pipes attached - one to the push- button flush, one (at the moment) flapping in the breeze not connected to anything. It is that one which I suspect should be somehow connected to the flush "chamber".

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

Can you point it out on the Dudley website?

The Medway Handyman

Is the picture at

the installation instructions at

help?

Reply to
Peter Parry

Didn't realise there were so many different units out there!!!

Can't find it. I think I need to examine it a bit more carefully and see if I can find any further clues - then the links mentioned may be helpful. Thanks anyway guys.

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

Had some installed in a new-build at church - failed after a short time. Now relaced with a reliable cable operated system

malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm