New electric regs

Then that would be a specific clause, moron. Although how *you'd* be expected to read small print when you obviously can't read normal size, gawd knows.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You must eff off as you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I have to confess I am still a bit confused. If I fit a new socket say, and I get an electrician to come along and do whatever testing is now required, will that test in any way be affected by the fact that the wiring in the rest of the house may not be up to modern standards?

Keith

Reply to
Keith Dunbar

Also, is there a book that explains good practice in simple, rather than highly technical, terms, so that I can be sure any wiring I might wish to do is of an acceptable standard?

Keith

Reply to
Keith Dunbar

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 18:08:08 GMT, "Keith Dunbar" mused:

Possibly, depends how you connect the socket and how bad\good the rest of the house wiring is.

Reply to
Lurch

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 18:17:40 GMT, "Keith Dunbar" mused:

BS7671.

Reply to
Lurch

That might be literally true, but some PVC cable of the period certainly has deteriorated. Have you ever come across the "green goo" problem? It's not very common, but it has come up on this NG on at least one previous occasion.

provides an explanation.

Reply to
Andy Wade