New Central Heating / Plumbing / Windows - the lot!

It was discussed on

I expect there will be suitable references there. So AIUI as long as Jenny has some windows in already she could replace every part of a window in one day, and remain exempt.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Ah. There are a number of common pitfalls in repairing old buildings, and a discussion here about what youre thinking of doing could be helpful:

Cat 5 is a given - the chap I live with is an internet buff so he'll

Thats good. I'd install 2 or preferably 3x the amount needed. Its so cheap, if and only if it goes in now, and has so many uses.

Yes. Surveyors as a whole dont have a very good track record with old properties, hopefully your friend is a genuine expert on these things.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In message , Peter Crosland writes

Yes.

The other angle is a possible agricultural tie. Do check that there is no restriction on who may purchase and occupy the property.

A third angle:-) is that renovations to a *farmhouse* may be VAT free or reclaimable. Check the status with the VAT office.

You wisely don't say where in Suffolk but do remember that horse riding is not as popular as in the Home counties and you may find it hard to fill 20 or so stables.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Ooh, please can we see a pic of you in your Birthday Suite? :oP

Dave H. (The engineer formerly known as Homeless)

Reply to
Dave H.

Guide price with 50 acres was =A3500k - we are currently negotiating as there may be some VAT liability (OUCH!)

The plan is to develop it over the next 3 years (or so) and then move back to civilisation! We both work in London, and although its flamin' miles from London, the train journey is only 10 mins longer than living

60 miles away in Hampshire. Tis a funny country!
Reply to
NoviceButWilling

Just out of curiosity, how much is/was it in its current state

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy