New Battery Technology ?

I don't get what's new, fred. Li-ion batteries, aren't they?

I recently bought a device that is in some ways just a battery but has around ten times the capacity (13000 mAh) for not much more than double the price.

But it has USB output and is not device-specific. That allows me to charge phones, cameras, iPads, etc. Anything that charges from USB. Actually, almost any two things. (For example, won't charge two iPads at once.)

Reply to
polygonum

So you reckon the Lion part is just marketing speak?

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

No, just someone who doesn't understand what the actual term really means (which is likely to be most people - in the sense of almost 100% rather than more than 50%)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Those things are pretty good - I've got a 5000 mAh one, and it charged my iphone twice from flat.

Reply to
RJH

i-Lion seems to be the brand name. Couldn't be confusing could it?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris