New Aerial socket

I've used two F Type connectors on a wall socket; means that I can use them for TV or satellite depending on where I connect the other end.

For those claiming that everything should be pull out, I have a TV with built in satellite tuner, a Virgin Tivo, and two satellite STBs all of which use the screw in F connector. I see no reason to insert extra connections just to be able to pull them out. If this is such an issue why do all satellite installations come with screw in connectors?

I do have a very misty recollection of someone (could be a certain Bill Wright) saying that the F connectors gave a slightly better connection but the standard push in ones were used on TVs because they were cheaper.

This would probably be about 15 years ago, I think. Discussing signal boosters/splitters.

Unless the aerial is going to run across a high traffic walkway then there is very little trip hazard. For our lounge TV the aerial runs up inside the chimney and then out behind the TV which is mounted on a sodding great wall bracket. Anyone who trips over that cable is trying too damned hard.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

It should be an ampersand between "Belling" and "Lee", not a hyphen.

Reply to
Graham.

Is the splitter accessible? If you were to bypass it by connecting the kitchen cable direct to the aerial with an F-type barrel connector, you would gain at least 3.5dB at the kitchen TV and I would expect all your signal issues to disappear. You can always reinstate the splitter if VM has problems.

Reply to
Graham.

You really shouldn't be putting up with it as it is now.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Only if you want to be alone in a cast of billions

The Natural Philosopher

Bill Wright wrote in news:o2qbjs$ed6$1 @gioia.aioe.org:

My location is a bit marginal for Waltham (DE23 1DB)

Reply to
DerbyBorn