Need cherry or unfinished wood handrail

Been to B&Q

They are selling a 4 metre hand rail for =A327 in PINE, but it's finished

Which is not bad I thought, however I would like to see the handrail in a darker wood like the ones at

is your talking hundreads of pounds !

Any ideas other than sanding the cheap one down and using a special vanish effect

Reply to
andysideas

What do you want ? Better wood, or just darker wood ?

Any decent timberyard with a spindle moulder will be able to run off a length of handrail for you, from your choice of timber and your choice of profile. This will be cheaper than B&Q, but obviously decent hardwood costs a bit more than cheap pine.

If you just want it cheap and dark, then use a coloured varnish.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Great that was what I was looking for really.

Just have to ring around asking if the timber yard has a spindle moulder.

I am looking for round finish, but pine is fine. Just the 'darker' look that I am after as cheap as pos.

Any recomendations on how to search ? Yellow pages will this do?

Reply to
andysideas

Christian McArdle