Need 50 slick-looking sheets of letterhead [OT]

Those interested in the RISC OS side might like to know that the latest version of ArtWorks runs (very) happily with the new A9home computer and that Martin Wuerthner (MW Software) is releasing even more 'good stuff' for ArtWorks at the Wakefield Show next month.

Those with interest in other platforms only might like to note that ArtWorks/Xara was designed to allow components to be easily added to the main software and that seems to be encouraged in the open sourced version of Xara.

Reply to
John Cartmell

And Microsoft Clipart improves on this exactly how?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Is he aware that PowerPoint Centimetres aren't the same as real-world centimetres? ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It's dead, Jim.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The message from Mary Pegg contains these words:

My local farm breeds rheas. One is nesting in the woods and at the last count had 19 eggs. A rolling pin might be the best way to crack these. back to DIY - 1001 uses for an SDS drill.

Reply to
Paul Herber

Not as dead as the other RiscOS is, though.

Reply to
August West

I don't know who Jim is - but I prefixed my comment with 'those interested'. As you're not you can easily ignore the rest whilst those interested can read on. You don't have to use RISC OS - but the knowledge that it still exists, is still being developed, and is still used, adds just the smallest dollop to the sum of human knowledge. Pretending that it doesn't and isn't, simply isn't clever.

Reply to
John Cartmell

I'll put you down for a "whoosh" then shall I?

Are you always this far up your own arse?

Reply to
Steve Firth

??? seems odd - IIRC then full sets of numbers 0-9 and + - / & . , ; : and so forth were supplied with both caps and lower case fonts. Roger

Reply to
RB News

You mistake me for someone who thinks Microsoft can improve anything.

I was merely reliving the joy that was Adana and the wonderful choices it offered.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I worked in their shops in Twickenham and Holborn in my teens and still have some of their catalogues somewhere, along with a pristine copy of "A Beginners Guide to Paper, Ink & Rollers" . . . Happy days! Roger

Reply to
RB News

Is that as fictional as the rest of your comments? ;-)

Only when people go out of their way to tell an untruth. RISC OS machines may only trickle out - but they aren't dead. Dead computer platforms don't have releases (this quarter) of new machines (A9home - desktop version of an industrial machine and remarkable for its size - 6.5" x 4" x 2" and low power consumption) with an operating system (RISC OS Select 4) re-written to run on a completely different processor *and* legacy machines for the last 10 years. It might be minor news - but it's news. On the other hand you went out of your way to spread a (minor) untruth. Now that *does* need explanation.

Reply to
John Cartmell

ROFLMAO!!!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
[snip]

It's dead, moribund, going nowhere. You are mistaking the reflex twitching of a corpse for activity.

It was never that alive when it was going, and in the great scheme of things all things Acorn were and remain irrelevant,

Reply to
Steve Firth

thanks for the heads up on waterproof inkjets at sensible prices..I have found my very expesnive HP A1 plotter to be lousy in terms of water proofing and also fading in sunlight. AND its resolution is not good. AND its slow.

K is used for black because B is Blue...;)

Guess I also gave up with Word as a DTP cost She has Quark and I have Corel.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Talking about packages, without going to read all the threads (I skipped a day's reading) what is the considered opinion of Serif's Page Plus?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Well better that than have a single gadget for chopping herbs, cutting bread, skinning rabbits, filleting fish, and so on when a good wooden board and a sharp stainless knife takes up so much less space and does the job better..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sheesh. Learn to trim, will ya?

Reply to
Mary Pegg

Ive never found anything in a power point document to have any relationship to the real world.

I thought that was the point of it.

Its Microsoft's ultimate aid to lying. ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Good thing I didn't have any tea in my mouth just then. I suppose you have some sort of definition of "all things Acorn" that somehow excludes ARM.

Reply to
Mary Pegg