Nanny is awake again

Whereas if somebody tampered with a thermostatic mixing valve trying to get the water hotter at a time when the hot supply was insufficient thereby causing a scalding accident when it was restored it would somehow be different ??

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Chlorine. All the water is chlorinated by the water company and is still chlorinated when it reaches the shower.

Reply to
dennis

- stand by for scare stories relating to

dennis

Caused, not as the headline said by a pipe burst but when a badly installed plastic tank became softened because it was filled with boiling water due to a fault.

Thermostatic mixing valves on the taps would not help avoid this one IOTA, and might even mask some of the symptoms (water being too hot at the taps) leading to such a tragedy.

Sadly such little respect is shown for manual or practical skills that the schools no longer teach how a domestic hot water system works.

We were taught in Physics and the Lab had a working model "house" set up on a back board.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

You wish...

Reply to
Jerry

Tell that to the magazine editors I know, design on Quark, export to PDF, burn to disc or FTP file to printers, who then use the PDF file(s) and 'type-setting' software to make the printing plates....

Reply to
Jerry

Are you mentally retarded?

Does the sentence

"Jerry is a retard"

equal the sentence

"Jerry is a retard with a small dick as well" ?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How odd. My wife, who is a professional graphics artist who has worked on many major accounts, always sends them the quark files because the color renditions are inadequate: PDF's are only used to proof for the customers perusal..

So, do I believe a professional graphics artist, of many years experience, or a retarded f****it troll who appears to be either dennis@home or Steve Firth in a new moniker.

Plonk.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher coughed up some electrons that declared:

Bring back PostScript I say...

Reply to
Tim S

Or plugs or bath toys that change colour based on the water temperature.

It appears that these days parents are leaving the teaching of "life skills" to anyone but themselves. But no one else is doing it either so young adults just haven't been taught all manner of things as they grew up as a matter of course. And being young adults they think they know it all...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's probably all part of the 'blame culture' where somebody else is responsible when your in/actions go wrong. This is of course exacerbated by current Government ideas that they should take control of everything in our lives. Hence all this 'Part (whatever)' legislation, which really has nothing at all to do with the Government, but is attractive to those who can't think for themselves.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Hmm. Now what format do the offset printers I use prefer? Why, that would be pdf.

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

Well obviously if you are sending pdfs to a printer you make sure that you used properly colour management software to create them. Everyone knows that, surely?

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

Or if they do they require a limited subset such as PDF/X-1a with CMYK colours and no gradations.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It was a *joke*, f*****ad. You're already killfiled here anyway, so I only have to see your anencephalic droolings when someone else quotes you.

Although I know of printers who have switched entirely from offset litho to Xerox Docutechs.

Reply to
Huge

And how long before someone tries to introduce a 'Part (whatever)' for parenting - nobody allowed to introduce children into the world unless they submit an application form and fee to the Birthing Control Officer for approval or enrol in a competent person scheme.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Probably do more good than all the others. Lack of competence in parenting feeds many ills, perhaps all the important ones?

Reply to
Bob Mannix

That would be a *good* idea!

Reply to
dennis

dennis@home coughed up some electrons that declared:

Will he be there at 1st fix?

Reply to
Tim S

Not helped by the government view that work is good and child rearing isn't important. You don't inherit the mess for a few years of course, by which time it's somebody else's problem.

Reply to
stuart noble