Mystery piece of plastic tube with Greenstar 40HE

I've been looking at the bits and bobs that came with my new boiler and I've been able to identify nearly all the components bar one.

There is a piece of light grey plastic tube with a female wide screw fitting at one end and a clean cut off at the other, it's a single piece item. The item is 10.75"/27.5cm long. The tube section of the item has an internal diameter of .75"/1.9cm The wall of the tube is roughly 2mm thick The screw end has an internal diameter of 1.25"/3.5cm

The only markings I can find on the tube are:

8 718 006 883 Lf.-Nr.062 304
PP< Hostacom G2 NO1

The boiler itself is a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 40 HE Plus Condensing Combi

I've searched through the manuals and found no mention of the tube, I've offered the threaded end up to all the connectors on the boiler, I've searched online for the numbers I've entered above and I have (of course) searched through this newsgroup trying to find answers.

Can anyone help me identify this part?

Thanks

Seri

Reply to
Seri

My 28HE came with such a tube. It was the condensate outlet and screwed onto a plastic fitting near the bottom of the boiler and is continued in 22mm plastic to the drain.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

On Thu, 20 May 2004 09:48:02 GMT, in uk.d-i-y "Seri" strung together this:

Sounds like the condensate drain. It fit's under the boiler, towards the right hand side and towards the front. It is mentioned in the book, but IIRC not all that clear from the pictures.

Reply to
Lurch

Darn it, I offered it up to 'all' the connection points of the boiler except the 'right one' (I hadn't previously spotted it). Yes, it's the condensate drain, phew, back to work again.

Thanks

Seri

Reply to
Seri