Mysterious Part

Hi i am looking for a 90 degree flush pipe that screws into the bottom of the cystern and into the pan.

My Pan doesnt sit directly under the cystern like most toilets and has this plastic mould that screws in for a flush pipe.

I have been to my local plumbing supply centres and they have all told me it is a foriegn part that i am unlikely to be able to obtain.

Fine, but what do i do now! i have tried bunging the old pipe up with silicon sealant but the water keeps finding its way out!!!

Reply to
steve

Not sure exactly what you mean - couldn't you just bend an ordinary pipe to fit?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Post a pic!

Reply to
sPoNiX

Are you *sure* it screws on? Does it have threads at both ends? [The mind boggles at the thought of rotating either the cistern or the pan to screw it all together!]

The usual arrangement for a UK low level (as opposed to close-coupled) cistern uses a J-shaped piece of pipe which attaches to the bottom of the cistern with a sort of plastic compression joint, and a plain end plugs into the back of the pan - sealed with a rubber ring plus a liberal dose of Plumber's Mait etc. Is yours not like that?

Reply to
Set Square

Available in Chrome, brass and Gold as well as plastic: Example

can only assume some confusion at your merchants - or you really do have something foreign.

Reply to
john

Usualy for a low level (but not close coupled) cistern the flush pipe is a simple L or J shape which fits into the outlet of the cistern and the back of the pan. The pan connector is one of two types the most common type fits inside the inlet into the pan and outside the flush pipe.

With a high level cistern there is the possibility of having the cistern to one side or the other of the pan or even on the side wall. To connect these a 3-piece flush pipe is used. The pipes peices are cut to final length on site to allow for variations in the precise positions. I'm not sure home much it could be reduced to allow for a low level cistern. If the offset is not great then it might be possible to take a normal flush pipe and bend it with some heat (never tried this yet though).

Pictures would be very helpful here.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

> I can only assume some confusion at your merchants - or you really do have

Reply to
john

>>> I can only assume some confusion at your merchants - or you really do

Plastic - £1.79 in Focus DIY.

John

Reply to
john

forgive my extremly crude diagram but this is what the part looks like:

screws into the cistern and two into the pan. Originally the pan had rubber bungs that this part screwed into however these have perished... my house is only ten years old it cant be that hard to get one surely?

Reply to
Steve

'Salright. We're very broadminded here:-)

web browser. Then you know it's right ...

Douglas de Lacey.

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey
[Douglas de Lacey] :

From the root page

"Welcome. . .

.. to Stephena.co.uk the personal homepage of Stephen Adshead, website designer"

Hmm ...

Reply to
Tony Bryer

can i ask what the 'hmm' is for Tony Bryer SDA UK 'software to build on' ?????

Try again i foolishly uploaded the file in Caps which doesnt work on a unix server the link is:

Steve

I think he was pondering whether your profession explained your inability to post a uri correctly (or, in the event, to understand character-sets and the web: do you do this to your customers?).

I'd like to help but I don't understand. Do you want to know what the part is ("mysterious") or where it's gone ("missing")? Or where to get a replacement (in which case we'd need details of the unit). I note your original message began with "Re:" but if there was an earlier comment it has gone from my server: perhaps I'm missing something?

Douglas de Lacey.

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey