My tenants had a water meter installed, I want unmetered water back.

I think you've got the wrong section there, and in any case, the Act has been extensively amended.

You need section 144A as inserted by the Water Industry Act 1999.

me if you have questions.

Sairey

Reply to
SaireyGamp

Of course he could capitalise on the renting market and just carry on letting it out, possibly buying a new house with no water meter.

of course he is in Bristol)

:¬)

Pete

Reply to
PeTe33

If people only did things that made sense the world would be a very different and much better place.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

to install a meter whenever the tenant changes.

Basically, if the OP moved back in, the water company could insist on a meter right now, even if none already existed.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

With our water co., you have a 12 month trial after which you can revert to the old billihg method. The meter stays in place and as soon as the property changes hands the new owners have to pay for a meterd supply.

Question is, can they deem a change of tenants to be the same as change of ownership?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

A metered supply would almost certainly be cheaper than the old method for less than four people unless you are particularly profligate with your water.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Are you sure that =A320 is the actual *cost* of the water and not some semi-random monthly payment based on the previous usage. Ask for a statement of account and see if you are in credit and can reduce the monthly payment.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

And are you sure that you aren't taking Sewerage charges into account in one bill and not in the other? Anglian water charge over £120 for sewage alone in the 3 Valleys Area, and I imagine Thames Water's charges are similar.

Andy

Reply to
Andy McKenzie