My Boiler Problem

Hello, I'm new to this Google Group thing, so here goes.....

I have an Alpha CB24 Combi boiler at home and it's started to play up. The central heating is fine but when you require hot water for say a bath, it firstly comes out the tap hot and after about 20 seconds, the boiler flame will cut out and the water will go cold and then the boiler will fire up agan for the same period of time and so on....

I have heard rumours that this could be due to a blocked hot water heat exchanger, if so, how easy is it to remove it and flush the blockage out?

Would I need to get new seals for it and replace them?

Many thanks,

Ben

Reply to
benjamincleaver

I have the same boiler. Moved in about 3 years ago and its been nothing but trouble, same kind of issues. The trick seems to be to get the water flow just right (taps about half way), too fast and the boiler shuts off. I have a british gas support contract and on one recent visit (must have been about the 10th), the guy seemed to know what he was doing. Said some kind of switch was faulty, didnt have the spare part on him but used some wd40 on it. It has been more reliable since then, but still somewhat problematic. Advice given to me by a plumber and gas fitter was that they are basically not very good boilers.

James

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
jdrake