Moulded-on 13A plugs going bad

Odd they come with a fitted plug?

Good idea not to believe what you read in it, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

ok, so now you hear that your tenant had his own electrican look at the situation, and he said that because of the state of the socket it was unsafe to use in that condition and represented a fire risk. As a result he replaced it there and then. The tenant is happy to waive the cost of the reapir since it saved him major inconvenience.

What you going to do, evict them?

Reply to
John Rumm

Well that does explain it better...

Reply to
John Rumm

That could get someone into hot water ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , at

12:32:06 on Sun, 5 Nov 2017, John Rumm remarked:

Yes, it highlights how you can't tell the difference between the electrical skills of accountants vs their appointed sparkies.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at

12:32:00 on Sun, 5 Nov 2017, John Rumm remarked:

Except I'm not an electrician qualified to sign all the paperwork.

Hold on - who is doing the replacement: the tenant himself, his unqualified friend, or the tenant's qualified electrician?

Charge them for having a qualified electrician come in and test the installation and sign it off as compliant.

Reply to
Roland Perry

So who pays if your electrician finds out that the work is compliant?

Reply to
ARW

He does. Work not signed off is work not completed

Tjoepstil

I came across a 1mm lighting circuit on a 16A MCB. I was a bit puzzled until I found they'd spurred a socket off the lighting circuit to supply a oil filled rad in the conservatory.

Reply to
Steve

And I disconnected the immersio0n circuit (after making a proper ring circuit from the other cables) as I was unable to identify what it fed.

Ditto for the 6mm 32A cooker circuit.

Reply to
ARW