MOTs on cars that will fail next one...

The cannot do that - even if they car was "dangerous" the most they could do is phone the police when you drove away.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I suspect it was "And you ain't DRIVING it away..." rather than "And you ain't having it back..."

Reply to
Adrian

I told them they had no right to refuse it since it had a valid MOT certificate. And would involve the police if they refused to hand over the keys.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There is absolutely none, which is how I got it back. It was a pure try on.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh they can, if you don't threaten to call the police. I had to pay for (unauthorised) work already done.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

had to?

NT