Motorway NOx

Umm.. With a 12 tooth fixed wheel sprocket, I could follow the school bus in the displaced air return. I don't suppose the diesel smoke did my lungs much good but this was 1958 or thereabouts.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yep. Slipstreaming tractors, lorries & buses was something I did often in my youth. They?re all too fast these days though!

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Good link. Thanks.

"The break-even point shows how far you have to drive in a Polestar 2 before its carbon footprint becomes smaller than a Volvo XC40.

Global power mix: 112,000 km European power mix: 78,000 km Wind power: 50,000 km"

It's not worth my wife getting an electric then.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

In '58 maybe, not today. I know how some 58 trucks drive.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

not really.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

< pedant ?>

I'd have preferred a freewheel sprocket myself. I wouldn't fancy being on a fixie in that situation, if the bus had come to quick stop.

</pedant ?>

michael adams

michael adams

In message <rkgl9f$t31$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, michael adams snipped-for-privacy@ukonline.co.uk> writes

At the time, I had the largest available front ring. 12 tooth did not then come with a free wheel. Stopping was never an issue but frost on the road and the vehicle going too fast for my pedaling was dangerous:-(

Reply to
Tim Lamb