mobile batteries - all created the same?

My trusty (!) Orange mobile's battery is failing. After charging up it goes flat in only a few hours. I see there are plenty of batteries on eg ebay - but just wonder if there are some better than others (as is usually the case) - and if so anyone reccommend a source (or is phone-shop the best place anyway?) Thanks

Reply to
mike

I have bought original equipment batteries from a seller called For-Your-Mobile in the past. Quick service, and paid peanuts for them (about 99p each IIRC)

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , mike writes

If it's a LiIon battery, it's probably worth buying an original from someone you can trust, if you can verify an eBay seller is going to supply a genuine battery then go for it. Some of the cheap Chinese knock-offs have been implicated in fires and even if they are safe, are unlikely to be as good as the genuine article. Some of them are considerably better than the OEM but I suspect they are rarer. What phone is it?

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Buying an original Sony didn't stop you having the potential of fires did it?

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

LOL, No, but at least you could track them down and sue. AFAIK, that only related to a certain type of cell sold to OEM manufacturers though, it'd be a *big* cell phone that used one of them. I'd still be happier with an original battery than a cheap clone even though I can hazard a guess at the profit margins.

Reply to
Clint Sharp