Mobile phone batteries

In having a clearout of a miniscule proportion of the accumulated junk here, I've found a mobile phone of unknown Chinese origin, badged Swees X538.

On looking at why the back had popped off, I found the battery had expanded and looked about to burst. I've put it on an old workmate in the garden.

Swees appears to be a Chinese/English importer of clothing and phones based somewhere in Kent. There are no markings on the battery except the generic Chinese numbers that seem to apply to all batteries of its generation.

Is there anywhere that stocks loads of batteries where I might be able to match it for size?

The phone seemed to work fine with the battery in and a charger plugged in, but not on battery. Would it be too much of a chance to try it on just the charger with no battery? Has anyone ever tried using the wrong battery with padding round it to make it fit a bigger hole in a phone? The contact spacings seem similar on most of these, and we have a daughter who often suddenly needs a new phone and leaves her broken one here c/w battery.

Reply to
Bill

Your best bet is probably just to wander into any high street phone repair shop and see if they have something that fits. It's probably going to be a standard size/voltage as used by a better know manufacturer.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Good idea ... I have to do the same on a couple of VOIP / GSM mobiles.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ebay is your friend. If it's an Android Smartphone that is.

therustyone

In message , therustyone writes

Well, yes. But it's out of stock and the phone I have is, I believe, Quad core and running Android 4.2. The battery in it was labelled as

2000mAh

It does look the right shape, though.

I did visit a couple of phone shops locally, but they both said to look on ebay.

It is labelled as GB/T 18287-2013, but that seems to be some sort of general Chinese trading specification.

Reply to
Bill

2280mAh is a pretty odd number. Searching for that on ebay finds batteries for LG, such as:
I wonder if something like that would fit. Worth checking the polarity carefully as the LG picture appears to be opposite from the Sweex picture.

It's a bare lithium cell, so chances are good that it'll work if you can find one that fits with the right polarity.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

I bought a replacement battery on ebay for my samsung S5 but it was rubbish , worse than the one I wanted to replace. I got one for about £20 from Ma plins, made by Duracell. Samsung dont sell them, they want you to buy a new phone every year! [g]

Reply to
DICEGEORGE

When batteries are described as "original" it means they've been pulled out of an old phone. Go for something "brand new". Bilitong is a good brand IME

Reply to
Stuart Noble