Misaligned mirrors cause fire at solar power generation facility

<http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/05/heat-from-misaligned-mirrors-at- solar-thermal-plant-causes-electrical-fire/<>
"This week, some misaligned mirrors at the biggest solar thermal energy plant in the US caused an electrical fire that took out one of the plant's three boiler towers [...] The solar thermal plant, called the Ivanpah Solar Power Facility, is distinct from photovoltaic solar plants in that it doesn't use solar panels"
A badly written article: "The heat creates steam in the boiler towers, which powers generators to create energy". Yeah, right.
--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.
On 22/05/2016 09:03, Brian Gaff wrote:

I'm amazed that anyone would go near the place for maintenance during the daytime.

On 22/05/2016 15:06, GB wrote:

According to an article on the Ars Technica web site, the costs for the solar/steam plant are running at $135-200/MwH whilst PV (described as "solar power from traditional plants") is being sold at $57/MwH.
<http://arstechnica.co.uk/science/2016/05/heat-from-misaligned-mirrors-at-solar-thermal-plant-causes-electrical-fire/
All depends upon how much you trust a web site ....
--
DaverN

You'd get a nice tan in no time, for sure.
--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.