Misaligned mirrors cause fire at solar power generation facility

Ahem, should this not be impossible if the software is written properly, or are we saying it was a mechanical issue due to lack of maintenance perhaps.

These sorts of power station were made quite a while ago now, I wonder what the build and running costs are like when compared to photovoltaic? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I'm amazed that anyone would go near the place for maintenance during the daytime.

Reply to
GB

According to an article on the Ars Technica web site, the costs for the solar/steam plant are running at $135-200/MwH whilst PV (described as "solar power from traditional plants") is being sold at $57/MwH.

All depends upon how much you trust a web site ....

Reply to
DaverN

En el artículo , GB escribió:

You'd get a nice tan in no time, for sure.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson