mini rotary (food) graters

I've always used these since getting a mouli all metal job donkeys years ago, and I loved it,but moth and rust did corrupt....

I replaced it with a similar mouli plastic job, with metal drums, but it was much less satisfactory because

The drums are blind at one side, to take the threaded boss for the handle to screw into, this makes them very difficult to clean, the old one the drums were open cylinders with integral handles.

The drum is contained in a cylinder with a blind side to take the bearing for the handle spindle, so _that's_ hard to clean. The old one the cylinder was held by little more than a framework.

I recently got one that I thought was the old type, but it was a Chinese copy made of very thin tin. The b*****s had printed the box in French.

I fell for it.

Recently googled and found a few possibles

Starfrit - same sort of critiscisms as the present mouli

Pedrini pleasure - as Starfrit

This one

(Sorry about the wrap)

which looks just like my old one

There's also a plastic and a stainless steel one from moulinex , but I can't find clear details after wading through 10 pages of google, and they're not on the moulinex uk website.

Anyone else think it's getting b*** hard to find any products on google now, all I get is organisations getting in the way, I want suppliers and details, thank you very much, not everyone and his dog getting in the way with search results that are full of other eejits and _their_ dog's search engines .....grrrrr.

Anyhow, I can't find any real live examples of any of these in real shops, so I need experienced advice if anyone has used any of them, so where else would I go?

If anyone has made it to the end of this, any opinions, please?

mike

Reply to
mike ring

I've recently (the last year or so) seen an all stainless mouli. It was _exactly_ like my old reliable tinplate one (except it wasn't tinplate). Unfortunately, I don't remember _where_ I saw it. But - I DO know that it exists!

sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

In message , S Viemeister writes

Nisbets have two - at staggeringly different prices!

NoSpamThanks

mean?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Andy Hall writes

damn these web-sites which don't hold their URLs!!!

...and apologies - I misunderstood the OP :(

Reply to
NoSpamThanks

They've got those Microplane graters, though, and there are varieties there that are useful for woodworking that are not carried by the tool stores...

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Is this waht you mean ??

Stuart

I think that the item being looked for is a cylinder or drum type grater.

I found three or four types at

Click the Home & Garden tab and then do a search on "grater"

e.g. B0000ARP27

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Andy Hall wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, Andy that's the thing - your search was more effeftive than mine, so I'm more confused.

I've got a good idea what to get, but I'd hoped to get some real experience as I can't find any real life ones to look at, but if not I'll male a short list and toss up.

Yhe trouble is IMO of sight unseen buying (and unfortunately, quite a lot of hands on purchases) the next thing is to give it to the charity shop and start all over again.

But thanks for the steer, it idid assemble quite a lot on one page.

mike

Reply to
mike ring

I bought one in Bruggen, Germany ... ?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Wierd. I was preparing a post containing almost exactly the same rant this afternoon. (I abandoned the post in the end when I found the answer elsewhere)

Drives me nuts too.

If I get round to it I'll try and write myself a local wrapper for the google site that could append a list of excluded sites to the search terms....

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

"RichardS" wrote in news:40981b34$0$18570$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynet.co.uk:

All too true - add the affiliate and joker sites and you're on the third page of results before getting anywhere. Only search for things that are not available for sale....

Unfortunately, doesn't Google have a limit of 10 search terms? Mind, it would be wonderful to have a site exclusion list. kellysearch, nitro, toxic citrus, kick 'em all off.

"They" say that Teoma is the new Google - haven't used it for a while. Is it any better?

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

In message , Rod Hewitt writes

NIME, but Vivisimo is excellent.

Reply to
NoSpamThanks

I've been using teoma occasionally recently and it does seem to be somewhat better.

Reply to
usenet

snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote in news:c7a8pl$1i5ir$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-61610.news.uni-berlin.de:

I've just googled for teoma and vivisimo and they both look better, but feel a bit slower; you can only tell in use but I'll give them both a shot.

Funny how well google works when you're not looking to buy something, I might keep it for look-ups.

I particularly like the clustered results in Vivisimo - that may well be a keeper; should I tell google they're losing my business after all these years

don't buy the google shares

BTW I'll prolly get the Mouli stainless steel grater, or plastic with s/s drums because the present plastic job is not the same as my old plastic one

- they must have heard me ranting! - but not if I can help it without finding some way to see one.

mike

Reply to
mike ring