Miele S716 "cat and dog" vacuum cleaner

Our Miele S716 has stopped working. It had run for a few seconds and then the red light came on and it stopped.
I assumed the thermal cut-out was the cause but having left it overnight it still refuses to run.
Anyone any ideas? Can the thermal cut-out remain 'stuck'?
TIA
--
Frank

Is the beater brush jammed (assuming it has one)?
Does the thermal cut out have a reset button?
Tony

Tony

I wouldn't ignore it - certain variants of the Cat'n'Dog have an electrically powered whirling brushbar of death in the head! OP didn't say whether theirs featured the "electrobrush" - but I'm with the thermal cutout reset - which ISTR is inside the main body poss behind the bag chamber filter panel...?
Cheers Dan.
On 19/08/2007 14:20 Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:

The one in question has the 'air powered' head.
> I'm with the thermal cutout

I've had a look all over the machine but can't see a cutout switch/button to press anywhere. I've even taken the black control switch/cable rewind panel off and had a look at the circuit board but nothing there either apart from a micro-switch which goes open circuit when pressed. The latter seems a little odd as it's located against a piece of plastic which the micro-switch presses against when in place.
--
Frank
On 16/08/2007 16:55 TMC wrote:

If it does, it's well hidden and not referred to in the manual.
--
Frank
F wrote:

Restricted airflow due to a blockage or clogged filter is a likely candidate for the initial cut out.
TOL's in vacs don't last very long IME, a few trips and they are knackered. Wire it out temporaly & see if it ru
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman