Miele S716 "cat and dog" vacuum cleaner

Our Miele S716 has stopped working. It had run for a few seconds and then the red light came on and it stopped.

I assumed the thermal cut-out was the cause but having left it overnight it still refuses to run.

Anyone any ideas? Can the thermal cut-out remain 'stuck'?

TIA

Is the beater brush jammed (assuming it has one)?

Does the thermal cut out have a reset button?

Tony

Reply to
TMC

If it does, it's well hidden and not referred to in the manual.

Restricted airflow due to a blockage or clogged filter is a likely candidate for the initial cut out.

TOL's in vacs don't last very long IME, a few trips and they are knackered. Wire it out temporaly & see if it ru

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I wouldn't ignore it - certain variants of the Cat'n'Dog have an electrically powered whirling brushbar of death in the head! OP didn't say whether theirs featured the "electrobrush" - but I'm with the thermal cutout reset - which ISTR is inside the main body poss behind the bag chamber filter panel...?

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

The one in question has the 'air powered' head.

I've had a look all over the machine but can't see a cutout switch/button to press anywhere. I've even taken the black control switch/cable rewind panel off and had a look at the circuit board but nothing there either apart from a micro-switch which goes open circuit when pressed. The latter seems a little odd as it's located against a piece of plastic which the micro-switch presses against when in place.