Microwave oven interferes with Alexa

The mark-space ratio of the power level timer is consistent, though different at different power settings. The mark-space ratio of the pulses to the magnetron, which is what was being discussed, never changes from mains frequency with non-inverter ovens.

Reply to
Animal

Reflection at those frequencies is the way they get around;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Nuke what are 2.4 Ghz?....

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes the early ones, I have 2 of them, the ones like the puck, are only 2.5 ghz, only version 3 onwards offers 5 gig.

I have one of the newer ones sitting on top of my microwave and it runs fine when the microwave is on or off. All you can do is experiment with different placements of it if you get trouble Move the router or the lady A. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No I think its more likely to be the metal box, not the output. As I say, I have one on top of mine with no issues. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

microwave oven, as in "I'll just nuke that to warm it up again"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Phone the police immediately:-)

Reply to
Scott

Microwave ovens = nukes

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Why?

I'm assuming you are being flippant.

Its normally the metal inner case that stops them, not the actual microwaves. It could be that in this Microwaves case its lo voltage circuits, like any display it has are powered by a switch mode psu, one of the el cheapo Chins ones, and it is that which is radiating. There are some pretty dire examples of this around. Ether way, your only real recourse is to move the dot to a better signal area, or you could try, if the router supports it changing the channel its using and let the devices it again. I'd not bet any money on it especially if its one of the older versions of the dot. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

At 2.4GHz? Hardly.

Reply to
Animal

I was adopting a zero tolerance approach to any interfering with Alexa in the me too era :-)

Reply to
Scott