"Microgen" boiler technology

David,

Well the original question was about how such a device connects to the grid, not how machines are generally connected to the grid.

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Barnes

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 23:33:25 -0000 someone who may be "Stephen Barnes" wrote this:-

Thread drift.

I also made it clear earlier that I had not studied the details of them. "I have not studied any of them in enough detail to say, but I imagine that they all have, or will shortly have if they are an older design, a box to couple the electrical output of the boiler to the external electrical system." to be precise.

Reply to
David Hansen

Steve, there are two makers about to offer products, which are not quite the same.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Many thanks to you for an informative debate. I feel much wiser now.

Reply to
John

So who are these two makers then?

Reply to
Stephen Barnes

Well David, I can tell you for a fact that when the Microgen engine is running there is nothing apart from a relay between it and the mains!

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Barnes

Whispergen is the other.