Metalclad sockets

I am looking for some metalclad sockets that (a) don't cost a fortune (b) have flush sides when the faceplate is on, so I can butt them up box-to-box (c) have sockets with USB power

(a) rules out MK (b) and (c) appear to rule out Screwfix/LAP, Toolstation/Axiom, CPC/Pro-Elec, TLC/Telco and Contactum

(c) is negotiable but (b) isn't. I really don't want to have to use bushes, or nipples with locknuts, between the boxes.

Any ideas for other ranges to look at?

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

All faceplates overlap the wall sockets

Reply to
charles

Not necessarily, I have seen some that are edge flush.....

Reply to
SH

How about:

Knightsbridge do some with USB and minimal faceplate overhang:

John Rumm

The Knightsbridge ones appear to have a significant-enough overhang the back boxes wouldn't butt together

CEF provided a wider range I'd not looked at before, and Greenbrook looked a possibility at first but the photos on their website show a mix of flush and overlap fronts.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

I don't know of any that are flush sided, but if you have only a small overhang, then how about just an open grommet on each box, butted up together, to space them a little?

Reply to
Steve Walker

When I was researching sockets for my garage, I found only MK produced flush fitting sockets and back boxes certainly for the most commonly available.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Yes that has been true for many years, MK used to do more than double sockets though with the back boxes to match, and there was of course just the one connection, and each had its own switch. It was a very long time ago though, so whether they still do them I have no idea. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I personally would not give houseroom to socket mounted USB PSU sockets for two reasons.1 most create interference as they are el cheapo Chinese modules and 2 everyone is going USBC on power connectors, which means adaptor cables. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

But even USB-C are nearly all only USB-C at the 'client' end., they're still the same old USB-A at the power end.

Reply to
Chris Green

And mains sockets with USB-C at the power end are available.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

All metal clad I've seen have the face plates wrapped round the back box. Can't see any other way of doing it. I used conduit couplers and bushes to link them together in the workshop. An extra inch or so apart being neither here nor there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I would have said that, but the MK K2946ALM do *look* flush to the sides in most photos

Andy Burns

And the back boxes appear to have a lip to allow that.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Buy a couple from SF/TS and if they don't suit they're easy to return?

£15 each is hardly extortion if you want a particular feature ...
Reply to
Andy Burns

And have long been. I rescued a 30-odd of their forebears (but with brass finishing to the sockets) from a skip at work when there was major refurbishment in the 90's. Fitted the last of them for a neighbour only a year or 2 back.

Reply to
Robin