metal stud partitioning

Does anybody know what sort of sound deadening material is needed to be fitted in these to meet the (new build) regs on this sort of thing. As these walls are thinner than wooden ones - and more resonant at the moment - I assume they need better padding material. No advice in the regs apart from a testing company.

Reply to
Mike

Hi,

Should be info on the Rockwool site, also two layers of plasterboard can help, google archives for info.

The stud manufacturers may have info available too.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Good idea

Not so happy with this. Was looking for minimal thickness solution - hence the thought of not using wood

Not sure who they are until I get some from Screwfix.

Reply to
Mike