metal slipping on wood

following my turntable creation, the spindle on the motor is slipping pressed against the timber what couldI wrap/stick on the spindle to create better adhesion that will not wear off?

some form of rubber I thought? TIA

Reply to
Vass

yes. Bicycle inner tube, slit to ribbons, wound round with plenty of evostik to hold it there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A few suitable O rings?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What diameter is it? Would one of those rubber caps intended for the end of walking sticks fit?

Reply to
Roger Mills

its approx 12mm diameter with a key slot in it. I'm running agains the shaft approx 30mm from the end to ensure it does'nt run off.

Reply to
Vass

Nice idea - might be possible to get heatshrink tubing in a suitable diameter, too.

Reply to
Jules

In that case, a walking-stick rubber would probably be too big in diameter, and not long enough.

I wonder whether you might be better off attaching the rubber - maybe rubber strips stapled on - to the edge of the wooden turntable rather than to the shaft.

Reply to
Roger Mills

ahhh.. that could work, like it.the pressure on the wood is quite high, so might ripple, will give it a go.

Reply to
Vass

What about self amalgamaiting tape?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

on 20/07/2009, Vass supposed :

Self amalgamating tape - stretch and pull it tight as you wind it round.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In the right direction of course. Otherwise, it will undo, as it won't get full bond as soon as it is applied.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

righto, thats what I'm gonna do thanks