Mesh fly screens

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy mesh fly screens. I bought a load of kits some years ago from Guardian Screen Systems in Cardiff, but I only need 2 more small ones. The few sites I've looked at so far want an absolute fortune. At those prices it would be cheaper to go to the US and buy them in KMart.

Reply to
Huge

Might be worth trying camping/caravanning sources? David

Reply to
Lobster

Reasonably sure one of our local builders merchants/DIY place stocks the mesh by the yard. Never seen kits as such, simple enough to make a light frame and staple the stuff on.

Are you looking for the fine nylon mesh or the preforated zinc sheet type?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In article , Huge writes

Plastic or metal? B&Q certainly used to do plastic off the roll in the garden section at reasonable prices, white or dark grey. Assuming you're DIYing that is.

Reply to
fred

Sorry, I failed to make myself clear. The mesh is available ubiqitiously for a reasonable price. I wanted the aluminium extrusion with the channel in it, plastic corners & rubber cord to make a frame to mount the mesh on, similar to the ones I have. People seem to want ~£45 for something that should cost about a fiver, tops.

The former, although it's actually PVC coated glassfibre, as I discovered when I put some offcuts on the bonfire.

Reply to
Huge

Large amount of flame or did it do lots of snap, crackle and pop as well?

As a pyromaniac these details are important. :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Neither. It was just when the fire died down, the mesh was still there, only now it was white.

Quite. The "no bonfires" season is about to come to an end (we are surrounded by thousands of acres of bone dry crops at this time of year, so no bonfires.)

Reply to
Huge

Nylon net curtain and make your own frames

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Huge saying something like:

I get mesh fly screen material at my local farm supplies depot.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

They are available for about a fiver at Castorama.

Probably not that useful as information unless you are planning a channel hop soon. And I think you have to go south, to find fly screens they don't seem to sell them around Calais.

Just to irritate you:

Steve Firth