Merry Christmas to all on the group

I can see why that would make you CROSS.

Reply to
Richard

what sort of tinned curry is more than merely edible?

Reply to
tabbypurr

Apparently the m&S ones are quite nice, although I haven't tasted any recently.

Anyway, I didn't suggest they were the gourmet meal of the month, just quite nice occasionally.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

A bit late to the party but, same from here

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Merry xmas everyone.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

We have been given what I can best describe as some sort of Red Cross food parcel. Not undone it as yet but apparently daughter actually put it together for someone else who insisted on getting us something but were told 1) we don't do Xmas and 2) there is nothing we want that they could get.

Us 3. We generally shop at Sainsbury's (walking with a trolley) and because the Mrs (and my ulcers) don't like 'hot' curries, we find their Chicken Korma mixed with their vegetable curry, some microwave Pilau rice (if we are in a hurry or for a change) or some std Basmati rice ... and either the ready made popadoms (std on mini) or some cook them yourself ones (if we happen past a bigger Tescos) top it off nicely.

We aren't really 'foodies' so as long as it's reasonably easy to prep, tastes ok and is reasonably balanced nutritionally, we are happy.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

The same to you too!

Reply to
Pamela

We have just had his bedroom redecorated and he now has laminate flooring. His Grandad decided to take a bit off the bottom of the old door and being a cheap hollow door it fell to pieces.

Buying a 16 year old a bedroom door for a joke Christmas present really annoys them. Even more so as he turned up with a massive hangover yesterday morning.

Reply to
ARW

In message <yW0NF.371982$ snipped-for-privacy@fx12.am, ARW snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> writes

Our lad came home from uni on Saturday, and on Monday mentioned the one annoyance of his flat is no bread knife. Guess what I nipped out for on Christmas Eve :-) He was quite grateful, though.

Hope you all had a good Christmas Day (yes, including you, Tim), and are enjoying the bliss of a relaxing Boxing Day, when the only pressure is remembering to chuck a few spuds in the oven, to serve with the mounds of cold leftovers from yesterday.

Reply to
Graeme

Werthers ?

Reply to
Andrew

It was nice sunny day at Calshot in Hampshire yesterday.

I wish I had taken my Pentax LX and some slide film but made to with an ancient Caplio GX8.

Suprisingly, the Red Funnel ferry was running to and from the Isle of Wight even on Xmas day.

On the way back some of the overhead gantries along the M27 were saying 'Salt Spreading'. Spreading where ?. Oozing off the embankments ?. No sign of any gritter lorries though. I think they were just frightening people into slowing down, but most of the M27 around Portsmouth and Southampton have average speed cameras set to 50mph anyway ('Smart' motorway upgrade).

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Will he fetch it back at Easter for it washing?

Reply to
ARW

Try some Kimchi (the proper Korean stuff) !

Reply to
Andrew

I didn't know you could still buy slide film.

Reply to
Scott

We had a great Christmas dinner. SWMBO thought so too. Number 1 son cooked it again!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Apparently some of the readers of as certain newspaper cannot tell the difference between tinned or fresh food.

Enjoy the curries. I also occasionally have them. The Aldi ones are not bad - especially when you are working out in the cold.

Reply to
ARW

and

But I still have a stash, in the freezer along with spare batteries.

Isn't that what freezers are for ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Fuck. I doubt it - there would have been no room in his huge case this time, it was so stuffed with manky dirty clothes that probably haven't seen a washing machine since he last came home. I bet he could take his sheets off the bed and prop them up against the wall :-)

Reply to
Graeme

I have been complimented on my not just fresh, but *home-made* soup.

It's quite simple - take two different tins of soup, mix together, and stir in a little cream cheese / yogurt etc. Blend if necessary.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

gf's Dad refuses to eat pate and so he was served tinned oxtail soup for yesterdays starter. Heated up in the microwave of course:-)

Reply to
ARW