Merlin Gerlin sp+n 6 way board where to buy

Hi,

I am looking for a Merlin Gerlin 6 way sp+n board or another brand that can provide a decent 60A MCB. I am wanting to replace an ancient blue MEM 60A rewireable fused switch.

Thanks

Reply to
James Salisbury

Usually I fit Hager stuff as that is one of the manufacturers my wholesalers stock.

I cannot fault their quality and they are cheaper than MG.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Is there a good engineering reason to change or is this simply a cosmetic job? I'm guessing you presently have a consumer unit serving a number of circuits and a separate switchfuse for one other circuit which if 60A must be a considerable load. Alternatively this might be labelled as

60A but could have a derated wire in to protect a less than 60A rated cable. A little more detail always helps but a Hager board would be my suggestion. Note that this would give a 63A breaker, also that you are required to fully (and properly) test the installation downstream of the new board to ensure a safe installationafter you change the consumer unit.
Reply to
cynic

Hi, I currently have a MEM switchfuse as the main switch to the installation due to long consumer unit tails. For various reasons I want to retain the current consumer unit which has an 80A rated RCD and also have a new consumer unit where the MEM switch fuse is. One way to do this would be to have a 63A MCB feed the old consumer unit tails, but coordination would have to be checked.

Regards

James

Reply to
James Salisbury